North America ATCF members listed below.
100% OF membership dues WILL BE AWARDED TO PROJECTS!
The Adventure Travel Conservation Fund will primarily serve as a provider of funding. This will allow groups with intimate knowledge of local projects and communities to be the most efficient and effective with the funds awarded.
The ATCF received 24 project applications from nominees. Take a look where these projects are located around the world. ATCF members vote in September and projects picked for funding will be announced in October.
Who can apply
Both non profits and for profits will have the opportunity to apply. This may include tour operators, conservation groups, indigenous people groups etc. Organizations applying must first be nominated by an ATCF member to begin the application process and be considered for funding.
Two important variables will play a role in in how many projects are funded:
(1) The amount of membership/donor funding received and available for distribution that year, and
(2) the proposed budget for each project.
The final selection of projects that will be proposed to members for voting will have these factors considered. Funding amounts will range between $10,000 to $30,000 each depending on the size of the project and the impacts that the proposed project aims to achieve.
- April 2017 - Final project criteria released
- April 2017 - Open period for project nominations
- May 2017 - Close nominations period
- June 2017 - Close project submission period
- September 2017 - Project voting by membership
- October 2017 - Announce awarded projects
European ATCF Members listed below